Several people have asked me how they can support Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast now that it’s out in the world, so I decided to share this info with everyone. If you have a few spare minutes to do any of the items below, that would be greatly appreciated and hugely beneficial.
*Please note that the following information applies to all authors and all books*
- Talk about the book with your indie booksellers. Next time you’re in your local indie, ask if they have the book. If they do, it’ll bring it to their attention. If they don’t, maybe they’ll order it or remember next time they’re ordering.
- Request that your library purchase a copy. Many libraries have online request systems. But asking your children’s librarian always works (it’s ok. they won’t bite – unless you run. then maybe they will).
- Rate and review the book on Amazon here. The more Amazon ratings a book has, the more it will get recommended to others. And if you have time to write a text review, it helps even more.
- Review the book on Goodreads here. Similar to Amazon, the more Goodreads reviews received, the more potential readers it will reach.
- Share the book with your friends. Whether in conversations with real friends or sharing online with e-friends, letting people know about the book is a great way to get it on their radar. Next time they’re in the market for a picture book, they’ll already have one in mind!
I wrote a more in depth post about ways to help authors here if you REALLY have lots of spare time. And THANK YOU for your help and support!