Next week I’ll be attending the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Annual Convention in St. Louis, Missouri. I’m really excited about taking part in several panels with some amazing book creators and educators.
Are you attending? If so, definitely stop by and say hi! Here’s my schedule:
In other AMAZING news, The Case of the Stinky Stench made it to the Semifinal Round of the Goodreads Choice Awards for Best Picture Book of 2017!
If you voted in the first round, thank you! If not, everyone gets to vote again in the Semifinal Round! So go vote now!
- Friday, November 17 – Sunday, November 19: NCTE Annual Convention, America’s Center, 701 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Thursday, November 30 at 6:00pm: Family Literacy Month Storytime at Shrewsbury Public Library, 609 Main Street, Shrewsbury, MA, USA
- Saturday, December 2 at 10:30am: Storytime at the Weston Public Library, 87 School Street, Weston, MA, USA
- Saturday, December 9 at 10:30am: Storytime at the Mansfield Public Library, 255 Hope Street in Mansfield, MA, USA
- Saturday, December 9 from 12:30-4:30pm: The Writers’ Loft Annual Holiday Bazaar at An Unlikely Story, 111 South Street, Plainville, MA, USA
Two for You
1. Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten? written by Audrey Vernick & illustrated by Daniel Jennewein
2. Caring for Your Lion written by Tammi Sauer & illustrated by Troy Cummings
First, this picture book sale posted Publisher’s Marketplace:
In case you didn’t read the fine print, it says: “Josh Funk’s LADY PANCAKE AND SIR FRENCH TOAST: The Case of the Stinky Stench, following leftover breakfast treats as they join forces to discover the source of a most odorous culprit in the refrigerator, illustrated by Brendan Kearney, to Zaneta Jung at Sterling Children’s, by Kathleen Rushall at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (while she was at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency) for the author and Hannah Whitty at Plum Pudding Illustration for the illustrator (World).”
I’m so excited about this book! I’m thrilled to be re-entering the fridge with these characters! And I can’t wait to share it with you! I’ve seen Brendan Kearney’s ingenious sketches – they’re hilarious! I think it’s gonna be better than the first! Huge thanks to my agent, Kathleen Rushall for making this happen!
Second, I got a couple packages in the mail.
Um, yeah. It’s gonna be tough to beat June 29, 2016. (but I’ll try)
- Thursday, 7/7 at 7pm: Storytime at Reuben Hoar Library in Littleton (41 Shattuck Street, Littleton, MA, USA)
- Saturday, 7/9: International Literacy Association (ILA) Convention (Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA, USA)
- Monday, 7/11 – Tuesday, 7/12: nErDcampMI (Parma, MI, USA)
Two for You
(two books I recommend you read)
1. Your Alien written by Tammi Sauer and illustrated by Goro Fujita
2. Mind Your Monsters written by Catherine Bailey and illustrated by Oriol Vidal