It’s #pb10for10 day! It’s #pb10for10 day! For years now, Mandy Robek & Cathy Mere (two all-star educators … but all educators are all-stars, really) have been running #pb10for10. What’s #pb10for10? Pick 10 picture books you simply can’t live without and share today, August 10th, with the hashtag #pb10for10 (see the official rules here). Share your own list and check out all the others in the #pb10for10 Google Community.
I participated each of the last three years and loved it each time. My themes were Rhyming Picture Books in 2015, Pirates, Dinosaurs, & Dragons in 2016, and Fairy Tales in 2017 (you don’t need a theme, but swith so many incredible picture books out there, it helps narrow things down).
In precisely 53 days, on September 25th, 2018, the third book in the Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast series, Mission Defrostable, will be released. And to celebrate, my chosen theme this year is (anthropomorphic) Food Books!
So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here is my #pb10for10 for 2018:
1. The Great Pasta Escape written by Miranda Paul & illustrated by Javier Joaquin
2. Fruit Bowl written & illustrated by Mark Hoffmann
3. Sweet Success written & illustrated by Liz and Jimmy Reed
4. Everyone Loves Bacon written by Kelly DiPucchio & illustrated by Eric Wight
5. The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School written by Laura Murray & illustrated by Mike Lowery
6. Arnie the Doughnut written & illustrated by Laurie Keller
7. Nothing Rhymes with Orange written & illustrated by Adam Rex
8. You Are My Cupcake written & illustrated by Joyce Wan
9. The Great Lollipop Caper written & illustrated by Dan Krall
10. Rot, The Cutest in the World! written & illustrated by Ben Clanton
Don’t forget to check out everyone else’s favorite picture books, comment, and share in the #pb10for10 Google Community! Happy #pb10for10 Day!
- Tomorrow! Saturday, August 11 from 10:00am-12:00pm: G. Willikers! Books & Toys, 13 Market St, Portsmouth, NH, USA
- This Sunday! August 12th at 11:00am: Print: A Bookstore, 273 Congress Street, Portland, ME, USA
- Saturday, August 25th at 3:00pm: Back-to-School Ice Cream Storytime with MOMS Club of Sharon, Crescent Ridge Dairy Bar, 407 Bay Rd. Sharon, USA