Educators Mandy Robek & Cathy Mere have been running the #pb10for10 event for several years now. What’s #pb10for10? Well, you pick 10 picture books you simply can’t live without and share today, August 10th, with the hashtag #pb10for10 (see the official rules here). Share your own and check out all the others in the #pb10for10 Google Community.
I participated the last two years and loved it each time. My themes were Rhyming Picture Books in 2015 and Pirates, Dinosaurs, & Dragons in 2016 (you don’t need a theme, but sometimes it helps narrow down your choices when there are TONS of amazing picture books, it’s hard to narrow it down).
This year, I’m sharing my favorite Fairy Tale Picture Books because my next book, It’s Not Jack and the Beanstalk, comes out in just a few weeks – on 9.19.17:
One note: I limited my choices to only one retelling per story. Without further ado, here are my ten.
1. Little Red Gliding Hood by Tara Lazar & Troy Cummings
2. The Three Pigs by David Wiesner
3. Snoring Beauty by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen & Jane Manning
4. Señorita Gordita by Helen Ketteman & Will Terry
5. Mirror Mirror by Marilyn Singer & Josée Masse
6. An Undone Fairy Tale by Ian Lendler & Whitney Martin
7. The Three Cabritos by Eric A. Kimmel & Stephen Gilpin
8. Hensel and Gretel: Ninja Chicks by Corey Rosen Schwartz, Rebecca J. Gomez, & Dan Santat
9. Interstellar Cinderella by Deborah Underwood & Meg Hunt
10. Goatilocks and the Three Bears by Erica S. Perl & Arthur Howard
Don’t forget to check out everyone else’s favorite picture books, comment, and share in the #pb10for10 Google Community!
- Today! Thursday, August 10 at 6:30pm: Charlestown Branch of the Boston Public Library, 179 Main Street, Charlestown, MA, USA
- Saturday, August 12th at 10:30am: Franklin Public Library, 25 Kenwood Circle, Franklin, MA, USA
- Friday, September 8th at 7:00pm: The Writers’ Loft, 20 North Main Street, Sherborn, MA, USA