I’ve been relatively absent from the blog over the last few months – for all good reasons* – but during that time I announced two new books that will be arriving on shelves in 2018!
The first is called Albie Newton, about a boy genius who can paint like Van Gogh and find a cure for cooties. But when his latest masterpiece wreaks havoc on the first day of school, his greatest experiment yet is learning to make new friends. Ester Garay is illustrating – and let me tell you, her illustrations are so adorable you’ll melt. Albie Newton will be published by Sterling Children’s in the spring of 2018.
The second announcement is for Lost in the Library: A Story of Patience and Fortitude about the two lions who faithfully guard the New York Public Library. When Patience goes missing, Fortitude realizes the secret to Patience’s disappearance may be within the Library itself. Stevie Lewis is illustrating – and I haven’t seen anything yet, but I *love* her art! This is the first picture book that Macmillan & Henry Holt plan to publish in partnership with the New York Public Library, scheduled for publication in 2018.
Neither book is available for pre-order yet, but both books are on goodreads if you’d like to mark them ‘Want to Read’ (which is always helpful). You can do so here for Albie Newton and here for Lost in the Library.
Side note about Lost in the Library – I didn’t actually come up with this idea – it was proposed by Macmillan and the NYPL (the project is their Intellectual Property or ‘IP’). My agent, Kathleen Rushall, asked if I was interested in submitting a sample for consideration and eventually I was awarded this awesome opportunity. So congrats to you, Kathleen – on both of these deals. And thank you!
* My blogging absence is due entirely for good reasons – I was busy planning and coordinating the New England SCBWI Conference, followed by a two week promotional book tour for my newest picture book, The Case of the Stinky Stench, followed by several weeks of trying to catch up on everything I’d missed because of the former two items.
- Saturday, June 17 at 11am: Gibson’s Bookstore, 45 South Main Street, Concord, NH, US
- Saturday, June 24 at 11:30am: Barnes & Noble, Warwick Center, 1350 Bald Hill Road, Warwick, RI, US
Two for You
(two books I recommend you read)
1. Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist written by Jess Keating & illustrated by Marta Álvarez Miguens
2. 7 Ate 9: The Untold Story written by Tara Lazar & illustrated by Ross MacDonald