As you may know, I am an active member of The Writers’ Loft, a local writing community in the Boston, MA suburb of Sherborn. This Saturday, November 21 from 1-4 pm, we will be holding our 2nd Annual Holiday Bazaar and Book Fair. But because the Loft has grown so much in the past year, we needed a bigger venue. So this year we’re partnering with Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney’s new bookstore, An Unlikely Story, in Plainville, MA and holding the bazaar in their amazing 2nd floor event space.
The following authors (including me!) will all be on hand signing copies of their books all afternoon.
- Sarah Brannen (Madame Martine, Madame Martine Breaks the Rules, Feathers: Not Just For Flying)
- Greg Fishbone (Galaxy Games: The Challengers)
- Josh Funk (Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast)
- Susan Goodman (How Do You Burp in Space?, See How They Run, The Truth About Poop And Pee)
- Thea Iberall (The Swallow and the Nightingale)
- Jane Kohuth (Anne Frank’s Chestnut Tree, Duck Sock Hop, Ducks Go Vroom)
- Lisa Kramer (P.O.W.ER)
- Michael G Lewis (The Great Pirate Christmas Battle)
- Sharron Kahn Luttrell (Weekends with Daisy)
- Ellen Mayer (A Fish to Feed, Red Socks)
- Marika McCoola (Baba Yaga’s Assistant)
- Susan Meyer (New Shoes, Black Radishes)
- Ammi-Joan Paquette Princess Juniper of the Hourglass, The Tiptoe Guide to Tracking Mermaids, Nowhere Girl)
- April Jones Prince (Twenty-One Elephants and Still Standing, Dig In!, Who Was Frederick Douglass?)
- Warren Ross (Teapots and Assorted Things)
- Anna Staniszewski (The Dirt Diary, My Very UnFairy Tale Life, I’m With Cupid, Power Down, Little Robot)
- Tara Sullivan (Golden Boy)
- Jane Sutton (What’s Up With this Chicken?, Esther’s Hanukkah Disaster)
- Laura Woollett (Big Top Burning)
So if you’ve been meaning to check out Jeff Kinney’s gorgeous book store, or want to see what The Writers’ Loft is all about, or feel like purchasing some great signed books as holiday presents, or just want to meet and hang out with some fun authors -> then stop by on Saturday and say hi.
The Writers’ Loft in Sherborn, Massachusetts is a retreat, a conference, and a writers’ room of requirement all rolled into one supportive community. Like a year-long writing conference, the Loft hosts classes and workshops. The Loft also hosts frequent panels and free craft chats with authors and illustrators. The Loft offers critiques from agents and editors, and hosts monthly write-ins, social gatherings, manuscript mixers, and book launches. It’s also home to critique groups and think tanks for writers and illustrators in all genres, for those who are traditionally published, self-published, and pre-published. And, like any good writing retreat, The Writers’ Loft always has a quiet space for you to write. The Writers’ Loft is a 501(c)3 organization, centrally located just West of Boston, but not far from the New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Connecticut borders with members from all over New England. For more information about their groups and upcoming events, please visit www.thewritersloft.org.
Two for You: Lofter Holiday Edition
1. The Great Pirate Christmas Battle written by Michael G. Lewis and illustrated by Stan Jaskiel
2. Esther’s Hanukkah Disaster written by Jane Sutton and illustrated by Andy Rowland