I was interviewed by The Book Doctors in the Huffington Post today in an article entitled “Josh Funk on the War Between Pancakes & French Toast, SCBWI & Getting Published” – it’s probably the most in depth interview I’ve done to date, with some seriously awesome questions, such as:
- How did you go about getting a book contract not only for Lady Pancake, but also for your next two books which are coming out?
- Hasn’t anyone told you that rhyming books don’t sell? How did you overcome this ridiculous idea, and why do you think people keep saying that?
- What are some of the most horrifying things about being a professional author?
- How has being a member of SCBWI helped you in your career and as a person?
- Why in the name of all that’s good and holy would you choose to get into the publishing business? Have you had your head examined recently? Been checked for brain parasites?
- How do you keep it so funky?
- and more …
And I got to share the #TeamKrush logo designed by Jessie Devine.
Two for You
(two books I highly recommend)
1. Backhoe Joe written by Lori Alexander and illustrated by Craig Cameron
Want a backhoe for a pet? Of course you do!
2. There Was a Wee Lassie Who Swallowed a Midgie written by Rebecca Colby and illustrated by Kate McLelland
A Scottish twist on this much-loved rhyme!