Here’s a quick bullet list of various items I feel are worth sharing:
- I’m ‘touring’ southern New Hampshire this weekend. Two Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast storytimes with free activity kits, collectors cards, and more! Stop by, say hi, bring your kids, neighbors, and all breakfast-lovers! I’ll be at:
- I’ll also be at Wellesley Books on 10/24 at 11am for a superstar storytime with four other awesome authors! Everyone’s invited!
- Nancy Tupper Ling, author of Double Happiness
- Ammi-Joan Paquette, author of Ghost in the House
- Anna Staniszewski, author of Power Down, Little Robot
- Jane Sutcliffe, author of Stone Giant
- I sent out my Official Author Newsletter the other day. If you didn’t get it, certainly sign up here. If you think you should have gotten it, check your s-p-a-m folder and add the address to your address book (this happened to ME). I’ll be giving away swag in the next newsletter, so don’t miss it!
- Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo), Tara Lazar‘s November picture book writing challenge, is only a few weeks away! So get ready! (Hint: I might be posting something. In unrelated news, I must remember to write a post for for someone‘s November picture book something)
- A Dear Dragon cover reveal might be coming soon … so be on the lookout.
And I’ll conclude with the tradition I started last post by offering two book recommendations
Two for You
(two books I highly recommend)
1. Kindergarten Luck written by Louise Borden and illustrated by Geneviève Godbout
A positive story with fabulous art reminiscent of Mary Blair.
2. Herman and Rosie written and illustrated by Gus Gordon
A vintage romantic tale by this fine Australian author/illustrator.