Just a quick note today: if you’ve never listened to the Let’s Get Busy Podcast with Matthew Winner, you certainly should. And today you have TWO reasons … because I am the featured guest on Episode #193 talking about Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast!
In this interview I:
- Share my love for Sterling Publishing‘s publicity and marketing departments
- Gush over Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast illustrator Brendan Kearney
- Reminisce about Sesame Street
- Tell the story of how I sold my first books
- Name drop:
- End with a very uncomfortable moment for a Red Sox fan
I highly recommend you subscribe to the Let’s Get Busy Podcast if you haven’t already. Matthew Winner has so many amazing interviews with fabulous guests in the previous 192 episodes (and many more lined up to come!). And certainly check out his new home for the podcast – All the Wonders, a home for readers to discover new books and to experience the stories they love in wondrous ways.
Also, I decided today to start a new tradition. Because so many of my blog posts are about me, I’d like to share two favorite books by others at the end of every post from this day forward. I’ve decided to very creatively call this:
Two for You
(two books I highly recommend)
1. Boats for Papa written and illustrated by Jessixa Bagley
I love everything about this book. Get the tissues ready, cause it made me start crying in the middle of a bookstore.
2. Snoozefest written by Samantha Berger and illustrated by Kristyna Litten
Great rhymes and illustrations, and starring a sloth.